Friday

DESTINATIONS-NEW CATEGORY ON WEBSITE



   "Charmed by history while basking in luxury..."  If any of those words conjure up a desire to get away from it all,  then I am suggesting a wonderful place, the HOTEL GALVEZ  in Galveston. Full of warmth and friendliness, the staff caters to the guests with amazing skill and excellence! The beauty of the hotel is enhanced by making the guests feel at "home" while enjoying a place filled with historical significance. Built in 1911, the "White House of the South" as it was known by both Roosevelt Presidents, has hosted many U.S. Presidents and world famous entertainers.  It speaks of "days gone by" in every respect except for the addition of modern conveniences. The Big Band era brought the likes of Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman.  Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and many of the stars from the 20th century were frequent entertainers. Retaining a place of honor is the original brass mailbox from 1911. It is still being used today.
   A small portion of the SUNDAY CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH is featured under "DESTINATIONS" on my website: http://www.kayturner.com/.  While looking at the pictures, enjoy a Mimosa or a glass of "Bubbly" that was poured for you. The PASTA AND OMELETTE stations are featured as some DESSERTS. (The brunch was in progress while I photographed so I danced around the guests, trying to stay out of everyone's way as I waited for an opportunity to get the shot.) I hope you enjoy listening to the lovely pianist while being nurtured by impeccable service.
   Much more in the hotel would have been the subjects of my lens had time permitted and access to some of the areas were on my "Bucket List" but this time my love for "story telling images" didn't get completed. Even so, I  hope you feel the waves lazily refresh you body and soul as you delight in a brief vacation that was captured for each of you.

No comments: